ST MICHAEL’S USED-A-BIT- SHOP
LIVING OUR CATHOLIC FAITH BY SERVING THOSE IN NEED IN OUR COMMUNITY
- Providing quality clothing and household goods at affordable prices
- Offering parishioners an opportunity for active ministry in real-world service
- Financially supporting front-line agencies who serve low-income Duluth residents
- Respecting the Earth and its resources by encouraging recycling and re-use
Get to know the Used-a-Bit:
Ways you can help with the ministry at the Used-
- Clerks –
assist customers, accept payment, display and arrange merchandise at the shop. Volunteer once a week or every other week.
- Sort donations –
Select clean usable goods that are appropriate for the shop, sort by category and pack for delivery. Sorting is done in the Professional Building and can be done at whatever time fits your schedule.
- Unload Shed –
Remove donated goods from drop off shed and carry into sorting station on church grounds.
- Transport Goods to Store –
Haul sorted items from the sorting station at the church to the downtown shop.
- Transport Goods to Goodwill –
Haul overflow items from the sorting station and the shop to Goodwill.
- Inventory Control –
Tag clothing and pull outdated merchandise on last Wednesday evening of the month.
- Clean and Organize –
Straighten and clean displayed merchandise, vacuum, dust. One Saturday a month.
Call the church office at 525-
St Michael’s Used-a-Bit
16 N 1st Avenue West
Duluth, MN 55802