Welcome to the Saint Michael’s Youth Group page
WE ARE… teens in grades 6 – 12, learning about our faith, experiencing prayer & worship, getting involved in service & charity, and growing in community together. The group is open to both middle school (6th – 8th grade) and high school (9th – 12th grade) as one community! Part of each youth group meeting includes breaking out into small groups based on age and gender.
New this Year! 12th graders will become leaders from within the group! They will be mentors, role models, and leaders for the 6-11 graders.
Our middle schoolers (6th-8th grade) and high schoolers (9th-11th grade) will meet Wednesday evenings in our parish social hall, gathering for large group formation and small group discussion from 6:30 – 8pm at St Michael’s Church.
Participation in all of our youth ministry programs is open to parishioners and non-parishioners alike.
WE SERVE… a primary goal of our youth group is to encourage teens to get more deeply involved in parish and community life through service. We frequently participate in service and outreach efforts both on a parish and community level from collecting donations for CHUM, volunteering at the St Michael’s Used-a-Bit thrift shop, and raising money for the Women’s Care Center, to helping clean & decorate the church, assisting in leading worship at Mass, and volunteering at parish events. Here’s a list of just some of the various projects our youth group has accomplished in the past few years:
- “The Shoebox Project” – collected donations and raised funds to fill 75+ shoeboxes of basic goods and small gifts for the homeless and needy
- Raised $500 for the Women’s Care Center through their “Baby Bottle” fundraiser
- Baked cookies for the St Louis County Jail Christmas party
- Collected donations for care packages for military members overseas
- Visited every parish in the Duluth diocese to obtain a sample of Holy Water, which we used to fill our newly installed baptismal font
- Took responsibility for hauling donations from St Michael’s Church to the Used-a-Bit on a weekly basis
- Staffed several collection booths at grocery stores around Duluth for the SHARE Food Drive
- And all sorts of other small acts of charity and service
Registration is $50/teen for grades 6 – 10, $100/teen for grade 11, which includes the cost of a required Confirmation retreat.
For more information, please contact our youth minister, Ben Foster, at email@example.com